Executive Certificate in
Blockchain and Digital Assets for Financial Services
Blockchain and Digital Assets are rapidly disrupting the economy and financial services. The online Executive Certificate: Blockchain and Digital Assets for Financial Services provides participants with the industry knowledge to develop skills to thrive in digital finance.
Why Blockchain and Digital Assets and why it’s an opportunity?
While the media has been fixated on cryptocurrencies, behind the scenes, institutions have been redefining the very fabric of financial services.
- Central banks are exploring CBDCs, with over 100 of them already working on digital currencies.
- Banks are pioneering bond tokenisation, and the industry is leveraging distributed ledgers for ESG.
- Initiatives like the Canton Network – involving major players such as Goldman Sachs, BNP Paribas, and Microsoft – are just the tip of the iceberg – our experts analysed hundreds of other ones.
Don’t miss out on this largely unexplored space, poised to revolutionise the future of finance.
100 Central Banks are working on CBDCs
200+ Institutional projects from the largest financial institutions
DeFi expected to reach a market cap of $507.92 billion in 2028
The leading programme on the market
It’s not just a course, it’s your gateway for the future of finance.
Develop skills with a Certification
Build Foundational Knowledge
16 hours of content across 6 chapters, self-paced
Gain a Global View
Learn with 30+ industry experts from all continents and sectors
Apply what you learn with captsone projects
Then keep learning continuously
1-year of Monthly Webinars
Stay the smartest in the room with industry updates from experts
Be Continuously Updated
Keep learning with new projects and interviews each months
Build a Network
Connect and access a global community of alumni
Get an insider's view of the future of finance
- Access 50+ case studies from institutions like HSBC, EIB, Polygon and Goldman Sachs, broken down by industry experts
- Explore more than 200 institutional projects analysed for you
- Learn from 30+ innovators, CEOs, Head of Innovations and Policy-makers
A Programme Globally Accredited
Financial institutions like HSBC, Morgan Stanley and Standard Chartered have implemented blockchain technology in their operations and included digital assets as their financial products. What strategy did these companies adopt? How can traditional financial institutions transform their business digitally?
The Overview of Blockchain and Digital Asset is the first course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services Programme – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the dominating force of the blockchain and digital assets.
- The history and philosophy of Blockchain and Digital assets
- The technology fundamentals
- The types of digital assets
- How institutions are involved in the space
- The new applications and business models
- The regulatory and compliance considerations
- Understanding the fundamentals of blockchain, including its history, architecture, and how it works
- Gain knowledge of digital finance and assets and how they have evolved over time
- Explore the difference between traditional finance and digital finance, including their advantages and disadvantages
- Discover a global use cases of blockchain and digital assets in different sectors
Blockchain technology is an essential component of the Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) ecosystem. Understanding the functions of DLT and the logic of blockchain is an important step to thrive in the world of digital finance.
DLT and Blockchain is the second course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services Programme – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) ecosystem.
- Centralised versus Decentralised Ledger Technologies
- System Tokenomics
- Smart Contracts
- Digital Identities, Verifiable Credentials and Privacy
- Understand how DLT technology can impact on the security, transparency, and efficiency
- Develop an understanding of system tokenomics in the blockchain ecosystem
- Learn about smart contracts and their use cases
- Explore digital identities, credentials, and privacy in the context of blockchain technology
The global digital asset management market is expected to expand from USD 4.2 billion in 2022 to USD 8.0 billion by 2027. Large financial institutions such as HSBC, Morgan Stanley and Standard Chartered are involved in this digital transformation.
Fundamentals of Digital Assets is the third course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services Programme – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of digital assets and its future trends.
- Taxonomy of Digital Assets
- Wallets, KYC & AML
- Centralised Finance [CeFi]
- Decentralised Finance (DeFi) and Hybrid Models
- Crypto Asset Consumers
- Understand the objective and purpose of different digital assets
- Discover how digital assets can enhance compliance and risk management in Finance
- Learn about trading strategies, forecasts, and trends related to digital assets
- Explore the advantages, limitations and impacts of CeFi, DeFi, CeDeFi and ReFi
Blockchian now is moving from a retail to an institutional world, with increasing implementations from central banks or organisations. Financial institutions like HSBC, Morgan Stanley and Standard Chartered have implemented blockchain technology in their operations and included digital assets as their financial products.
Institutional Applications – Taxonomy Part 1, is the fourth course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help professionals to learn real-world applications of blockchain and digital assets.
- Asset Tokenisation
- Custodian Services
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Gain knowledge of blockchain real-world applications in financial industries
- Gain an understanding of tokenisation and asset management
- Learn about how banking, credit, and capital sectors incorporate blockchain technology
- Learn about the mechanism of cross-border transactions
- Explore the applications of insurance in the context of digital assets
Blockchain technology is enabling new business models and disrupting traditional finance industries. Almost half of the top 100 public companies are using blockchain amid growing institutional adoption.
Infrastructure and New Paradigm Applications – Taxonomy Part 2 is the fifth course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services Programme – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the new paradigm applications in blockchain.
- New Business Models
- Trade and Supply Chain
- ESG and Sustainability
- Government and Public Sector
- Healthcare and Humanitarian
- Understand why large financial institutions are rushing to develop strategies for adopting blockchain in operations
- Discover how blockchain can facilitate ESG and Sustainability
- Learn how Government and Public Sector can leverage the opportunities of adopting blockchain and digital assets in current system
- Evaluate how blockchain can be a catalyst for digital transformation in Healthcare and Humanitarian
Financial institutions like HSBC, BNP Paribas and Standard Chartered have implemented blockchain technology in their compliance system. Blockchain technology has the potential to provide numerous benefits to the organisations, including the ability to mitigate risk and have better data management.
Governance, Due Diligence and Risk – Taxonomy Part 3 is the final course of the Online Certification Blockchain and Digital Asset for Financial Services Programme – co-developed by CFTE and Singapore Management University – will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of the dominating force of the blockchain and digital assets.
- Compliance, Regulation and Risk
- Cybersecurity and Exploits
- Corporate Governance and Support
- Project Failures: Why and What we have learnt?
- Mindset, Education and Authenticating Information
- Understand the need for regulatory oversight and compliance of financial services
- Gain knowledge on how to identify and mitigate cybersecurity risks
- Develop a growth mindset and learn how to deal with project failure in this ever-changing industry
Download the programme brochure
100% online, blend of self-paced and live lectures
Who Should Take this Programme?
Professionals including those in Financial Institutions, Governments, Public Sector, Regulators, Corporates, Industry Associations, Tech Companies, Fintech, Support Services and Entrepreneurs needing the skills and knowledge to stay competitive and understand the opportunities, benefits and challenges afforded by blockchain technologies and digital assets as viable solutions for institutional and economic applications.
- Executive and Senior Leaders
- Strategy teams
- Support Functions
- Tech Teams
- Foundational Knowledge. Have a solid foundation in blockchain and digital assets and the related regulatory compliance landscape.
- Comprehensive Blockchain Taxonomies. Learn various types of blockchain projects in 7 sectors such as retail finance, insurance, investment, etc around the world.
- Mechanism of digital assets. Understand the mechanisms of blockchain and digital assets such as decentralised consensus, cryptography, smart contracts, and other significant principles.
- Global views and market trends. Understand the potential benefits and challenges of blockchain and digital assets in the industry.
- Applications and Implementation. Dive into different applications and use cases in retail, government and institutional sectors.
- Business frameworks and models. Apply the blockchain and digital assets knowledge to various business frameworks and settings.
Earn an industry-accredited certificate
Receive an Executive Certificate in Blockchain and Digital Assets issued by CFTE and SMU Academy. The certificate program can serve as a stepping stone to further advancement in your career in digital finance. Don’t miss this opportunity to stand out in your field.
One-Week SUPER Early Bird Available - 40% OFF
Learn Blockchain and Digital Assets
40% Off - Ends on 6th of June - Use code: BDA40
Pay in 3 instalments
Pay in 4 instalments
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents physically based in Singapore from eligible financial institutions and fintech firms are eligible for training grants and can receive up to 70% course fee funding.
Learn Blockchain and Digital Assets
One-Week Early Bird Available
Use code: BDA20
We have installments options in 2, 3 or 4 months. Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6 courses and 15 hours of self-paced content
- 1 year of monthly live sessions
- 30+ video interviews from industry leaders
- 52 project case studies per year
- Lifetime access to global community
- Database of 200+ blockchain projects analysed
- Taxonomy of blockchain projects and Digital Assets
- Accredited Certificate in Blockchain and Digital Assets
Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents physically based in Singapore from eligible financial institutions and fintech firms are eligible for training grants. Click here to go to Singapore Management University’s website and access subsidy.
Looking to upskill your organisation? Talk to us.
Interested in training your organisation or sponsoring the course? Contact our team and get more information on the programme.
Most frequent questions and answers about our certificate programme
Anyone who wants to have a solid understanding of blockchain and digital assets should take this specialisation. Either to lead projects, a team or innovation applicable the world of blockchain.
At CFTE, we pride ourselves in offering courses for professionals, by professionals and offering a global view – this is how we compare with the market. This is done through videos, readings, and insights from CEOs to make the learning experience accessible. You will be able to take the course fully online and at your own pace, so you can be in charge of your proper upskilling. At CFTE, we believe there is an urgent need for all to learn the right skills for a world of digital finance, and we support all initiatives that are supporting the same goal.
We break our programmes into two types: short courses and specialisations. Our specialisations are a bundle of all of our short courses relating to an overarching topic. Specialisations allow learners to get a comprehensive and well-rounded understanding of a given topic in its many areas. If you have previous experience on this specialisation’s subject or you are interested in learning more about a specific area of it, you can enrol in the individual course that covers your area of interest, instead of taking the whole specialisation. Feel free to chat with us if you’d like some advise on which one would suit you best!
There are no strict prerequisites for taking the course. The Blockchain and Digital Assets for Financial Services Programme aims to provide anyone interested in finance (in its wider definition) with a general overview of the trends in blockchain and digital assets, with the right balance between content that is easily accessible but that also provides insightful knowledge.
You will have access to the programme for 6 months from enrolment. This duration is set to ensure you can pace yourself for the best learning outcome. Though not a common request, you can talk to us if you need an extension of the access after the 6 months are up.
Yes, you will receive a digital certificate upon successful completion of the course. This certificate is digital so it can be shared at any time and embedded into your online professional profile.
We accept all major credit cards and debit cards. You can choose to pay the full amount, or you can opt for a 3-part payment plan option. The 3-part payment option requires one payment upfront, followed by second and third during your course. Chat with us to find out more!
A programme co-designed by UK and Singapore institutions
Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship
CFTE is a global learning & innovation platform for the financial services industry. Started in 2017, developed 6 specialisations and created the on-demand learning platform THINK that reached 100,000 learners in 100+ countries. CFTE’s courses are taken by professionals, 70% of whom come from tier 1 banks. The company is built on 3 main pillars: Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
The SMU Academy is the continuing education arm of Singapore Management University. SMU Academy provides professionals and working adults with the opportunity to upgrade their knowledge and skills through a range of part-time education programmes. SMU Academy’s mission is to empower Singapore’s workforce with the competencies and career resilience required for this era of disruption.